As a lifelong night owl an evening routine is just as important as a morning routine for me. If not more so sometimes! If I don't follow my routine to unwind in the evening I can easily find myself up until 2, 3 even 4AM. My goal is to be asleep between 11 and midnight so when 7AM rolls around I'm up and ready to go.
I try to cut off my evening tv viewing by about 7ish. I make sure all the dishes from dinner are washed and the kitchen is wiped down and the floor is swept. I don't have a dishwasher (1920's apartment :) so the dishes easily pile up if not done nightly. Then I do a walk through the apartment and do any daily organizing & tidying. Take out the trash if necessary, I clean out my cat's water fountain and wash out the food bowls. Just a general clean so everything is easy in the mornings. I also like to take this time to write down my to-do list and organize my planner for the next day. It helps me to wake up with my schedule for the day already planned out.
8PM - Evening yoga
- I like to do a PM yoga routine just 20-30 minutes. I helps me unwind and stretch at the end of my day.
8:30PM - I always like to take a bath in the evenings. I am 100% a bath person. I find baths so relaxing.
I'm currently using our Luxurious Bath Salts in Vanilla & Ylang Ylang. Our Luxurious Bath Salts are a new product available for pre-order on our website now! When I made this recipe I wanted to make sure it went above and beyond standard bath salts! I started with a base of dead sea salts and epsom salts and added in some milk powders, honey powder & jojoba oil for moisture.
- Dead Sea Salts - Bromides and Iodine are present in Dead Sea Salt, including other minerals in a dried form, such as Magnesium, Sodium, Calcium and Potassium. All these minerals work together as regulators of cell activity and daily functioning, relieving muscular pain and stabilizing fluid levels in the body.
- Epsom Salts - is known for its ability to ease pain and muscular tension. Epsom salt helps to reduce swelling, relax the nervous system and eliminate toxins from the body.
- Jojoba oil - It is highly emollient and penetrating. Jojoba closely resembles the natural sebum within our skin. It does not clog the pores and provides excellent non-occlusive, non-greasy moisture control.
- Buttermilk powder - soothing and moisturizing
- Goat's milk powder - is a natural emollient that helps soothe and moisturize the skin. It contains vitamins A, B6, B12 and E. The content of triglycerides, capric, caprylic and caproic acid helps balance the skin's natural pH and promotes natural exfoliation of dry skin.
- Whole milk powder - soothes and moisturizes the skin and helps soothe dryness and itchy skin.
- Yogurt powder - soothes, softens and rejuvenates the skin.
- Honey powder - is said to be a natural antiseptic due to its tendency to absorb the life-sustaining moisture out of bacterial cell walls. Attracts the dirt from skin pores and dead skin cells from the surface of the skin.
It's super luxe and relaxing and leaves my skin silky soft!
9PM - Next up is my evening skincare routine. After my bath I make sure to sure a body cream to make sure my skin is soft and moisturized. I'm currently working on a recipe for a body cream with magnesium which helps with sleep.
- I wash my face with cold cream to remove all the dirt and makeup from the day. I love using cold cream as it makes my skin soft and using the hot wash cloth to remove it is so relaxing. If you've never used cold cream give it a try. You'll never go back!
- After I cleanse with my cold cream I use Tissue Cream since my skin is very dry. Tissue Cream is a thick cream used as a deep moisture mask. I use it every night as my skin is very dry. It's such a treat for your skin if your skin isn't dry use weekly to smooth and soften.
- I leave my Tissue Cream on for about 20 minutes and then I wipe it off with a hot wash cloth.
- Lastly I use my Overnight Cream and I wake up with super soft smooth skin. I love to load my skin with moisture in the evenings. Sleep gives my skin time to repair itself. I find if I follow my evening skincare routine my skin is smooth and ready for makeup in the morning.
9:15PM - I like to make a pot of chamomile tea most evenings. I add a little honey and it helps me sleep.
9:25PM - I love to read! So this is my time to snuggle in with a good book. Like everything else in my life I like my books set in the past. I really enjoy mysteries as well.
- I'm just starting the Maisie Dobbs series. My current book is the first in the series, Maisie Dobbs by Jacqueline Winspear.
I read for a couple hours until I start to feel sleepy and then it's off to bed. I usually fall asleep to my computer playing Netflix but I'm trying to get away from that so I'm experimenting with the app Calm to help me fall asleep.
And that's it! I'd love to hear about your evening routine and what you do to relax at the end of your day!