It's time to makeover your haircare routine!
One thing that was popular in the 1920's was treating your hair and scalp with oil. It would break up the dirt, oil and flakes of skin clinging to the scalp. Then when you would wash, the shampoo bar (liquid shampoo didn't come out until the 1930's) would cleanse away the dirt and debris. When you brush your hair the sebum your scalp produces is distributed down the hair shaft creating shine.
Our Conditioning Hot Oil Treatment is inspired by these oil treatments from the 1920's. Ours consists of 9 scalp nourishing, hair softening oils and 11 different essential oils to treat, condition and add shine to your hair.
Ingredient spotlight on:
- Promotes healthy hair by nourishing the hair shaft and conditioning dry and distressed hair.
Broccoli Seed Oil
- Is a natural alternative to the silicon in shampoos, conditioners and styling products.
- Erucic acid is an Omega-9 fatty acid that is useful for imparting a silicone-like sheen to hair.
- Is rich in fatty acids and is soothing and lubricating.
- It is a humectant that attracts moisture to the skin.
- Is a superior emollient, possessing a noteworthy array of essential fatty acids, sterols and amino acids.
- It is heralded for its ability to nourish the hair and scalp.
- The oils high absorption capacity allows it to easily penetrate the hair shaft, saturating and strengthening the hairs cortex while simultaneously restoring the natural oil balance of the shaft itself.
- Is a superior emollient that is heralded for its light, non-greasy texture, rapid absorption and fatty acid composition including Omega-3 and Omega-6 essential fatty acids.
- Encourages healthy hair growth and increased vitality.
- Delivers intense hydration
- Enhances smoothness
- Promotes shine
- Helps detangle the hair
Meadowfoam Seed Oil
- It helps moisturize and soothe the hair and scalp.
- It also helps to restore dull and damaged hair
- Provides natural shine.
- The oil serves as a remarkable conditioner and moisturizer.
- It helps to restore the vitality of lifeless hair and strengthens dry, brittle and damaged hair.
- Improves the condition of the scalp.
- Serves as a remarkable conditioner for African and African American hair and all hair types that benefit from significant hydration.
- Possesses an impressive reputation for its efficacy in nourishing the scalp, conditioning dry and brittle hair and for promoting strong, healthy and shiny hair.
- Especially well suited for use in conditioning curly, wavy, textured and all hair types that benefit from significant hydration.
- It also helps to dramatically soothe and moisturize the scalp and assist with dry and problem scalp concerns.
- Helps support natural, healthy hair growth and provides exceptional conditioning to the hair and scalp when used as a hot oil treatment.
Lavender Essential Oil
- Moisturizes the scalp and balances sebum production. It is ideal for people who have a mixed type of scalp, for example, oily near the forehead and at the back of the head, but dry at other parts.
- Its powerful antiseptic and antimicrobial action makes it excellent for controlling dandruff and scalp acne complicated by fungal or bacterial infections.
Rosemary Essential Oil
- Has anti-dandruff action. It tones down the action of sebum glands and clears up clogged pores that cause acne and itchy scalp.
- Regular use of rosemary oil ensures healthy, strong, non-greasy hair.
Chamomile Essential Oil
- Conditions the hair and protects it from the damage inflicted by environmental pollutants.
Cedarwood Essential Oil
- Balances the oil secretion of the sebaceous glands; hence, it is equally beneficial for a dry or an oily scalp.
- The warm oil improves blood circulation and stimulates the hair follicles, resulting in vigorous hair growth. Its antiseptic action helps control bacterial and fungal problems, including dandruff.
Clary Sage Essential Oil
- When applied to the scalp, clary sage oil regulates oil production and controls dandruff.
- It can be used for both dry and oily scalps, but is extremely useful for dry scalp and hair.
- You can use it on curly and frizzy hair to make it more manageable.
Thyme Essential Oil
- Its excellent antimicrobial action helps resolve many scalp problems, including dandruff.
Lemon Essential Oil
- It is antiseptic and antimicrobial, helping to resolve secondary infections that often complicate acne and dandruff.
Peppermint Essential Oil
- When applied on the skin, it improves blood flow to the area.
- This property is very useful for rejuvenating hair follicles and promoting hair growth. Its cleansing action opens up clogged pores and encourages normal flow of skin oils, making it ideal for people with dry scalp.
- It also helps control dandruff associated with dry skin.
Patchouli Essential oil
- Its anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties make it excellent for treating many skin and scalp problems.
- People with eczema, dandruff and dermatitis can greatly benefit from this essential oil because these problems are often the underlying causes of hair loss.
Tea Tree Essential Oil
- Works deep into the hair follicles, unclogging them and helping with normal flow of the skin oils.
- It is also known for its antimicrobial action, which helps resolve fungal infections as well as scalp acne complicated by secondary bacterial growths.
- It is considered the number one remedy for dandruff. It moisturizes the scalp and relieves dryness and itching.
Vetiver Essential Oil
- Is a sweet-smelling oil with a cooling effect.
- It helps reduce hair loss resulting from excessive heat in the body.
- High-stress levels also may cause premature balding and graying. The calming and soothing effect of vetiver oil cools the mind and body, reducing stress.
- It has excellent antioxidant action to prevent premature aging of hair follicles due to free radical damage.
Our Conditioning Hot Oil Treatment is made in small batches. Used weekly you will see a soothed, conditioned scalp and soft, smoothed, shiny hair. After heating the oil in a mug of hot water use the dropper to saturate the hair and scalp with oil. Leave on for at least 1-2 hours (preferably all day or overnight) to allow the oil to penetrate and work it's magic. After treatment thoroughly cleanse the hair removing all traces of conditioning oil.
Ingredients: Shea oil, Broccoli seed oil, Castor oil, Ungurahui oil, Maracuja (passion fruit) oil, Pracaxi oil, Meadowfoam seed oil, Mafura oil, Amla oil, Essential Oils of: Spanish rosemary, Roman chamomile, Clary sage, Thyme, Peppermint, Patchouli, Vetiver, Cedarwood, Lavender, Tea tree, Lemon.